Wednesday 23 December 2009

Cancun & Riviera Maya, September 2009 (Day 3 & 4)

Day 4 - Swimming with dolphins at the Aquarium, ending with an amazing dolphin show...
This was for me the experience of a lifetime :)
Enjoying the sunset before the dolphin show.
Emblem on the Mexican flag
After such a fantastic time, food and drinks are a must..and Pina Colada cocktail was my favorite.
Again Plaza La Isla
..and finally, the dolphins and us..yupeeee
The guy in most of the photos is Kimba (Power), a 25 years old Atlantic dolphin, and a proud one I would say ..The other two joining him were Lol-Ha (Water Flowe, 23 years old, aka Mom) and Yaakun (Love, almost 2 years old, aka Kiddo). And yes, they have it all: beauty, speed, gentleness, power, you name it.
No, it is not a scene form Jaws, there are only two dolphins preparing for a foot push...and trust me, they are strong. Costin's smile after this exercise was priceless xx
..hey, lets do the hand shake!
Look what I can do...
I do not know what Kimba is doing here, but...
yes, he loves me :)
..all I am is happiness, all I give is energy ...
Do not disturb, work in progress..kiddo must learn to impress :P
This is an interactive aquarium, and we had the pleasure of touching a blackfin shark (smooth and nice skin), a nurse shark (rough skin) and a stingray; a friendly advice..watch out for turtles, they will eat anything including your fingers :D
..unfortunately this beauty was in mating season so we could not hold him; they are not very sociable during this period and we cannot blame them :)
...no monster here, only the skeleton of a dolphin :O
..yep, yep..look at me.. I'm in a show off mode :D
The Aquarium is in Plaza La Isla and as you can see a nice place to visit or to do some shopping.
..waiting patiently (not) to play with some dolphins..
Day 3 - we started on the beach, and finished with a lovely dinner in town
La Placita Restaurant - very good seafood

No comments:

Post a Comment